Patrick Peterson, Cardinals haven't talked contract
Arizona Cardinals contract-year defensive back Patrick Peterson said he hasn't had any contract talks this offseason.
Peterson added that he's "optimistic" a deal will get done but that it won't impact his play if it doesn't. "If it happens, it happens," Peterson said. He was suspended for the first six games of last season and initially struggled upon return, but Peterson earned Pro Football Focus' third-best coverage grade (86.7) out of 85 corners to play from Week 15 on. The veteran corner will look to carry that level of play into his age-30 season.
numberFire's models project Peterson for 1.0 interceptions and 5.4 pass deflections this season. The Cardinals D/ST is 15th in our preseason fantasy rankings.
- Jets' Gase reportedly wanted Marcus Maye dealt July 6th, 2020
- David Njoku reportedly 'big part' of Browns July 6th, 2020
- Patrick Mahomes signs 10-year, $450 million extension with Chiefs July 6th, 2020
- Chiefs expect 'big jump' from Damien Williams July 5th, 2020
- Lions sign second round pick D'Andre Swift to 4-year deal July 4th, 2020
- Cam Newton arrives in New England to take physical July 4th, 2020
- Cardinals' Kyler Murray not worried about lack of offseason reps June 17th, 2020
- Kenyan Drake 'excited' to be in Arizona in 2020 June 8th, 2020
- Cardinals sign receiver Dylan Cantrell June 1st, 2020
- DeAndre Hopkins envisions better numbers in Arizona May 28th, 2020
- Patrick Peterson, Cardinals haven't talked contract May 28th, 2020
- Everson Griffen drawing interest from Cardinals May 22nd, 2020