Ravens say all running backs have role
Baltimore Ravens head coach John Harbaugh said there are roles for all four of his running backs.
"Is that really a problem to have four guys breaking off big runs and making guys miss? There's roles there for those guys," Harbaugh said in reference to Mark Ingram, J.K. Dobbins, Justice Hill, and Gus Edwards. The Ravens head coach specifically said he believes Hill will take a big leap forward in his second season. Each back may have a role, but Ingram and Dobbins are expected to handle the bulk of the backfield touches while Hill and Edwards serve as a distant third and fourth on the depth chart. There's also reigning league MVP Lamar Jackson, who accounted for 29.5 percent of the Ravens' rushing attempts last season.
numberFire's models project Ingram for 199.4 touches and Dobbins for 147.8 touches in 2020. Hill and Edwards, meanwhile, are projected for a combined 45.5 touches (2.8 per game).
- Cowboys offer Dak Prescott 3-year deal worth over $100 million guaranteed July 14th, 2020
- Cowboys, Dak Prescott not scheduled for talks between now and July 15th deadline July 14th, 2020
- Eagles, Jason Peters reach agreement on one-year deal worth up to $6 million July 14th, 2020
- Browns' Myles Garrett reportedly gets $125 million extension July 14th, 2020
- Alshon Jeffery (foot) expected to start on Eagles PUP July 14th, 2020
- Shaq Barrett officially signing Buccaneers' tag Tuesday July 14th, 2020
- Tavon Young (neck) 'ready to go' for Ravens July 2nd, 2020
- Ravens' Marquise Brown 'has had a great offseason physically' June 28th, 2020
- Ravens' Marquise Brown says he's heavier, faster June 26th, 2020
- Antonio Brown reportedly unlikely to land with Ravens June 25th, 2020
- Antonio Brown reportedly discussed by Seahawks, Ravens June 23rd, 2020
- Ravens' rookie Devin Duvernay working with specialist June 16th, 2020