Patrick Queen expected to control Ravens' middle
Baltimore Ravens first-round rookie linebacker Patrick Queen is expected to start at middle linebacker, per head coach John Harbaugh.
"I think Patrick Queen will play probably at 'Mike' for the most part — right down the middle. Let him use his speed and his instincts to run around and make plays for all three phases, be a three-down guy both in our base package and sub-package," Harbaugh said in a conference call with season ticket holders. The Ravens took Queen with the 28th overall pick in this year's draft, so it makes sense they envision him playing a three-down role. Queen recorded 85 combined tackles, 3.0 sacks, 12 tackles for loss, and 2 forced fumbles in his final season at LSU.
numberFire's models project Queen for 83.4 tackles, 0.4 sacks, 2.3 pass deflections, and 1.1 forced fumbles in his rookie season. The Ravens have the top overall D/ST in our preseason fantasy rankings.
- Dolphins' Preston Williams (knee, foot) questionable for Week 2 September 17th, 2021
- Lions' Tyrell Williams (concussion) absent from practice again on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Colts' Parris Campbell (abdomen) questionable for Week 2 September 17th, 2021
- Gruden: Raiders' Kenyan Drake not expected to have workhorse role after Josh Jacobs injury September 17th, 2021
- Colts' Michael Pittman (ankle) questionable for Week 2's matchup against Rams September 17th, 2021
- Josh Jacobs (toe/ankle) ruled out for Raiders in Week 2 September 17th, 2021
- Ravens' Marquise Brown (ankle) questionable for Week 2 clash with Chiefs September 17th, 2021
- Baltimore's Marquise Brown (ankle) remains sidelined on Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Ravens 'going to play all those guys' in four-man backfield September 15th, 2021
- Trenton Cannon released by Ravens Tuesday September 14th, 2021
- Mark Andrews quiet for Ravens in Monday night loss September 14th, 2021
- Sammy Watkins leads Ravens with 8 targets, 96 yards September 14th, 2021