Buccaneers open to Devonta Freeman for right price
Free agent running back Devonta Freeman could be an option for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers at the right price, head coach Bruce Arians said.
"If his price tag was reasonable," Arians replied when asked about Freeman being on the team's radar. "He's asking for a lot of money and we don't have a lot of money." This indicates the Buccaneers may be looking to add to a backfield that already includes Ronald Jones, third-round rookie Ke'Shawn Vaughn, and pass-catching back Dare Ogunbowale. Freeman averaged a career-low 3.6 yards per carry last season and failed to clear 100 yards in 14 games. The 28-year-old back has been limited to just 16 combined appearances over the last two seasons due to multiple injuries.
Freeman averaged 12.0 FanDuel points (RB23) and 76.1 offensive yards with 6 touchdowns in 14 games last season. He managed just a 29.4 percent success rate, compared to 42.7 percent for the rest of the Falcons' backfield. The Bucs ranked 27th as a team in numberFire's advanced rushing metric.
- Le'Veon Bell 'training like a mad man' for second Jets season July 2nd, 2020
- Tavon Young (neck) 'ready to go' for Ravens July 2nd, 2020
- Cam Newton only guaranteed $550K from Patriots July 2nd, 2020
- Kendrick Bourne extension discussed by 49ers July 2nd, 2020
- 49ers' Deebo Samuel reportedly dealing with 'classic' Jones fracture July 2nd, 2020
- Trent Taylor may wind up being 49ers' third receiver July 2nd, 2020
- Falcons' expecting a "jump" in Calvin Ridley's game in 2020 June 10th, 2020
- Falcons' Hayden Hurst hyped up by Matt Ryan June 9th, 2020
- Todd Gurley reportedly passes Falcons' physical June 9th, 2020
- Todd Gurley impressing Falcons in private workouts June 8th, 2020
- Falcons focusing on outside-zone run scheme June 1st, 2020
- Ito Smith to work out in Atlanta with Matt Ryan, offense May 20th, 2020