DeSean Jackson expected to be Eagles' top receiver
Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver DeSean Jackson is "expected to be the Eagles' top receiving threat" this season, according to Mike Kaye of NJ.com.
The Eagles spent a first-round pick on Jalen Reagor and traded for Marquise Goodwin, but Jackson is still capable of being the top option in the passing game -- as long as he can stay healthy. The veteran receiver popped off for 154 yards and 2 touchdowns on 8 catches (9 targets) in Week 1 last season, but he totaled just 14 snaps in two appearances the rest of the way. Jackson said in March that he is back to full health after undergoing core muscle surgery. He will turn 34 in December.
Jackson is the second-highest ranked Eagles receiver (WR57) in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings, just behind Reagor (WR52) and barely ahead of Alshon Jeffery (WR59). Our models believe Jackson will finish third on the team in targets (75.3), receptions (43.3), and touchdowns (4.0). He's projected to have the second-most yards (604.6) on the squad behind Reagor.
- X-rays for Bucs' Rob Gronkowski (ribs) come back negative September 27th, 2021
- Bucs' Giovani Bernard "day-to-day" with a sprained MCL September 27th, 2021
- Bucs' Scott Miller dealing with "pretty severe" turf toe September 27th, 2021
- Titans' A.J. Brown (hamstring) considered week-to-week September 27th, 2021
- Josh Gordon planning to sign with Chiefs September 27th, 2021
- T.Y. Hilton (neck) 'not quite there yet' for Colts September 27th, 2021
- Rams "hopeful" Darrell Henderson (ribs) will return for Week 4 September 27th, 2021
- Cooper Kupp continues dominance in Rams' win against Tampa Bay September 26th, 2021
- Rams' Darrell Henderson (ribs) officially inactive for Week 3 September 26th, 2021
- Rams' Darrell Henderson (ribs) unlikely to play Sunday September 26th, 2021
- Rams' Darrell Henderson (ribs) a game-time decision for Week 3 September 24th, 2021
- Rams holding Darrell Henderson out with rib injury September 23rd, 2021