Jamal Adams reportedly asks Jets to trade him
New York Jets safety Jamal Adams “informed the team he wants to be traded," reports Rich Cimini of ESPN.
Adams has expressed his displeasure about not receiving a contract extension and the Jets fielded trade offers for the All-Pro at last year's deadline, so this isn't a surprise. However, the Jets have previously indicated that they intend to keep Adams around for the long haul. The 24-year-old is scheduled to make $3.5 million in the final year of his rookie deal. He set career-highs in sacks (6.5) and tackles for loss (10) last season. Adams also recorded 1 interception, 7 pass deflections, 2 forced fumbles, 1 fumble recovery, and 1 touchdown in 14 games. He was named the fourth-best safety in football by Pro Football Focus. Adams has graded out as a top-four safety each of the past two seasons among safeties with 500-plus snaps.
numberFire's models project Adams for 87.3 tackles, 4.4 sacks, 2.1 interceptions, and 6.0 pass deflections this season. The Jets D/ST is 21st in our preseason fantasy rankings.
- Derrick Henry dominates for 3 scores in Titans' comeback victory September 19th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Rob Gronkowski finds endzone twice in blowout victory September 19th, 2021
- Cooper Kupp goes for 163 yards, 2 touchdowns in Rams win September 19th, 2021
- Kyler Murray scores 4 times in wild Cardinals win September 19th, 2021
- Marquise Brown (ankle) active for Ravens Sunday night September 19th, 2021
- Texans' Tyrod Taylor (hamstring) ruled out of Week 3's game against Panthers September 19th, 2021
- D'Wayne Eskridge (concussion) doubtful for Seahawks Sunday September 19th, 2021
- Rashaad Penny (calf) doubtful for Seahawks in Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Seahawks' Rashaad Penny (calf) expected to miss "a few weeks" September 13th, 2021
- Tyler Lockett scorches Colts for 2 touchdowns in Seahawks Week 1 win September 12th, 2021
- Seahawks rule out Rashaad Penny (calf) for remainder of Week 1 September 12th, 2021
- Seahawks' Rashaad Penny (calf) limited Thursday September 9th, 2021