49ers' Richie James recovering from broken wrist
San Francisco 49ers wide receiver Richie James recently broke a bone in his wrist while training.
The 49ers will have a better idea of an injury timeline when they report for training camp, but James is expected to miss at least a couple of months. Deebo Samuel is also facing a multi-month absence after breaking his foot, opening the door for other players on the depth chart. George Kittle is going to gobble up targets and first-round rookie Brandon Aiyuk will be asked to do a lot right away. Jalen Hurd and Trent Taylor should see expanded roles and Dante Pettis may even get a chance to contribute. Jerick McKinnon also figures to be more involved out of the backfield as a pass-catcher.
numberFire's models project James for 12.7 catches (21.2 targets), 162.4 receiving yards, 42.9 rushing yards, and 1.6 touchdowns. He's outside of the top-100 wide receivers in our preseason fantasy rankings.
- Amari Cooper (ribs) turns in limited session for Cowboys September 23rd, 2021
- Rams holding Darrell Henderson out with rib injury September 23rd, 2021
- Dalvin Cook (ankle) absent for Vikings again September 23rd, 2021
- Carson Wentz (ankles) expected to miss Colts game Sunday September 23rd, 2021
- Giants' Evan Engram (calf) returns to limited practice on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Washington's Antonio Gibson (shoulder) limited on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Trey Sermon (concussion) in non-contact jersey again for 49ers September 23rd, 2021
- Elijah Mitchell (shoulder) 'has chance' to play Sunday for San Francisco September 22nd, 2021
- 49ers' Trey Sermon (concussion) 'trending in good direction' September 22nd, 2021
- 49ers adding Jacques Patrick to depleted backfield September 21st, 2021
- 49ers' JaMycal Hasty dealing with high ankle sprain September 20th, 2021
- 49ers' Trey Sermon in concussion protocol September 20th, 2021