Tajae Sharpe likely third or lower on Vikings' depth chart
Minnesota Vikings wide receiver Tajae Sharpe is expected to start the season behind first-round rookie Justin Jefferson on the depth chart, writes Andrew Krammer of the Star Tribune.
Sharpe was signed to a one-year, $1 million contract and Jefferson was taken with the 22nd overall pick, so this checks out. The Vikings are thin at receiver behind Adam Thielen and Jefferson, so Sharpe could still emerge as the third option in the passing game. He's averaged 24.8 yards over 47 career games and his 9.4 yards per target in 2019 ranked 19th out of 107 wideouts with at least 35 targets.
Sharpe is the WR124 in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings. Our models project him for 19.8 targets, 11.3 receptions, 151.7 yards, and 1.0 touchdowns.
- Rapoport: Carson Wentz (ankle) expected to start for Colts in Week 3 September 24th, 2021
- Rapoport: Christian McCaffrey (hamstring) expected to miss multiple weeks for Panthers September 24th, 2021
- Cowboys' Amari Cooper (ribs) "good to go" for Week 3 battle with Eagles September 24th, 2021
- Bears' Darnell Mooney (groin) questionable for Week 3's showdown with Cleveland September 24th, 2021
- Rams' Darrell Henderson (ribs) a game-time decision for Week 3 September 24th, 2021
- Tampa Bay's Antonio Brown (COVID-19) not expected to play in Week 3's game against Rams September 24th, 2021
- Falcons' Cordarrelle Patterson turns 12 touches into 69 yards, 2 touchdowns September 20th, 2021
- Kyle Pitts playing in slot, out wide for Falcons September 13th, 2021
- Cordarrelle Patterson listed as Falcons' No. 2 running back September 7th, 2021
- Falcons sign Wayne Gallman, release Qadree Ollison September 2nd, 2021
- Falcons utilizing Kyle Pitts to find exploitable matchups August 27th, 2021
- Kyle Pitts receiving praise at Falcons' joint practices August 19th, 2021