Rapaport: Jets sitting tight on Jamal Adams' trade demands
The New York Jets will not entertain safety Jamal Adams' trade request, reports Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
Adams asked for a trade last week after failing to proceed in contract talks with the Jets. He's looking for an extension reportedly worth over $20 million per year, but the 24-year-old All-Pro is still under team control for two more seasons and lacks any meaningful leverage in negotiations. He mentioned the Dallas Cowboys as a preferred destination, but the Cowboys reportedly "haven’t been overly interested in giving up much." The Jets are unlikely to trade Adams away before the season unless someone blows them away with an offer. He set career-highs in sacks (6.5) and tackles for loss (10) last season. Adams also recorded 1 interception, 7 pass deflections, 2 forced fumbles, 1 fumble recovery, and 1 touchdown in 14 games. He was named the fourth-best safety in football by Pro Football Focus. Adams has graded out as a top-four safety each of the past two seasons among safeties with 500-plus snaps.
numberFire's models project Adams for 87.3 tackles, 4.4 sacks, 2.1 interceptions, and 6.0 pass deflections this season. The Jets D/ST is 21st in our preseason fantasy rankings.
- Giants' Saquon Barkley (knee) unlikely to be "totally unleashed" against Washington in Week 2 September 15th, 2021
- Rapoport: Jerry Jeudy (ankle) probably out 6 weeks for Broncos September 15th, 2021
- Ravens 'going to play all those guys' in four-man backfield September 15th, 2021
- Eagles list Miles Sanders (ankle/rest) as limited on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- Lions' Tyrell Williams (concussion) DNP on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs (toe/ankle) sidelined on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- Seahawks' Rashaad Penny (calf) expected to miss "a few weeks" September 13th, 2021
- Tyler Lockett scorches Colts for 2 touchdowns in Seahawks Week 1 win September 12th, 2021
- Seahawks rule out Rashaad Penny (calf) for remainder of Week 1 September 12th, 2021
- Seahawks' Rashaad Penny (calf) limited Thursday September 9th, 2021
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson feels "better than ever" August 26th, 2021
- Seahawks remain committed to Chris Carson as lead back in 2021 August 23rd, 2021