Patriots' Mohamed Sanu 'faster, quicker, leaner' post-surgery
New England Patriots wide receiver Mohamed Sanu is "probably faster, quicker, leaner and in better shape" after offseason ankle surgery, according to his trainer Hilton Alexander.
"I would say he's way ahead of any doctor's knowledge or prediction where he would have been at this point" Alexander affirmed. "Way ahead of the curve." Sanu required offseason ankle surgery for an injury suffered in his third game with the Patriots. After being acquired for a second-round pick ahead of last year's trade deadline, Sanu popped off for 10 catches, 81 yards, and a touchdown on 14 targets in his debut for New England. However, he totaled only 99 scoreless yards on 12 catches and 33 targets over the final seven contests. The hope is that Sanu will fare better in 2020 now that he's recovered. The veteran wideout will be 31 in October.
Sanu is the WR73 in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings. Our models project him for 67.2 targets, 41.9 receptions, 476.3 yards, and 2.9 touchdowns.
- Giants' Saquon Barkley (knee) unlikely to be "totally unleashed" against Washington in Week 2 September 15th, 2021
- Rapoport: Jerry Jeudy (ankle) probably out 6 weeks for Broncos September 15th, 2021
- Ravens 'going to play all those guys' in four-man backfield September 15th, 2021
- Eagles list Miles Sanders (ankle/rest) as limited on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- Lions' Tyrell Williams (concussion) DNP on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- Raiders' Josh Jacobs (toe/ankle) sidelined on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- 49ers' Brandon Aiyuk (hamstring) logs full practice on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- 49ers' Raheem Mostert undergoing season-ending knee surgery September 14th, 2021
- Elijah Mitchell 'stepped up' for 49ers in backfield quagmire September 13th, 2021
- 49ers' Raheem Mostert (knee) to miss around 8 weeks September 13th, 2021
- 49ers' Brandon Aiyuk "still learning how to be a pro" September 13th, 2021
- 49ers' Raheem Mostert (knee) will not return to Week 1 September 12th, 2021