Bears excited about Riley Ridley's second season
According to Chicago Bears coach Mike Furrey, wide receiver Riley Ridley's "comfort and confidence should aid his progress this year, as will his understanding of what he needs to do daily after watching Allen Robinson prepare."
Despite an inconsistent rookie season, the Bears' coaching staff remain excited for Ridley's potential growth in his second season after playing in just five games. “The one thing I’m really excited about right now, I think the biggest growth we’re going to see with anybody in our room is going to be Riley Ridley,” said Furrey when asked about his receivers. “His preparation, his attitude, his desire, the passion he has to become successful in this game, he loves the process. And I believe when you love the process, it’s going to be successful.”
Expect Ridley to ultimately compete with Ted Ginn and Javon Wims for receiver reps in pre-season. The 23-year old's current yearly projection includes 7.2 receptions for 86.2 yards on 11.3 targets.
- Chargers' Joey Bosa (foot/ankle) logs another DNP on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- DeAndre Hopkins (ribs) expected to play for Cardinals September 23rd, 2021
- Josh Jacobs (ankle) registers DNP for Raiders again September 23rd, 2021
- Pittsburgh's Diontae Johnson (knee) remains sidelined on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Odell Beckham (knee) to be Week 3 GTD for Browns September 23rd, 2021
- 49ers' Elijah Mitchell (shoulder) missing from practice September 23rd, 2021
- Darnell Mooney (groin) limited again for Bears Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Andy Dalton (knee) still Bears starter when healthy September 22nd, 2021
- Bears name Justin Fields Week 3 starter versus Browns September 22nd, 2021
- Andy Dalton (knee) expected to sit for Bears in Week 3 September 21st, 2021
- Rapoport: Andy Dalton has knee bone bruise, Week 3 status for Bears TBD September 20th, 2021
- Bears' Justin Fields filling in for Andy Dalton (questionable, knee) September 19th, 2021