Cam Newton reportedly agrees with Patriots on 1-year deal
Free agent quarterback Cam Newton, formerly of the Carolina Panthers, has agreed to a one-year contract with the New England Patriots, reports Adam Schefter and Chris Mortensen of ESPN.
The deal is “incentive-laden” and reportedly worth up to $7.5 million. Newton now joins Jarrett Stidham and Brian Hoyer in the Patriots’ post-Tom Brady quarterback room. Assuming he’s healthy, Newton should be considered the considerable favorite to be New England’s Week 1 starter. He only made it through the first two games last season before succumbing to a foot injury. Newton has also undergone multiple surgeries on his throwing shoulder since 2016. The former league MVP turned 31 last month.
Cam is the QB10 in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings. Our models project him for 3,748.3 passing yards with 26.1 touchdowns and 14.6 interceptions, plus another 392.1 rushing yards and 5.1 touchdowns.
- Olson: Raiders will start Henry Ruggs in slot August 6th, 2020
- Kenny Golladay (COVID-19) good to go for Lions August 5th, 2020
- Ravens' Marquise Brown now up to 180 pounds August 5th, 2020
- Steelers' Diontae Johnson '100 percent' after hernia surgery August 5th, 2020
- Dolphins' Albert Wilson also opts out of season August 5th, 2020
- Vikings' Justin Jefferson activated off reserve/COVID-19 list August 4th, 2020
- Patriots' Mohamed Sanu (ankle) activated off PUP August 4th, 2020
- Pats place Mohamed Sanu (ankle) on active/PUP list August 3rd, 2020
- Pats place Sony Michel (foot) on active/PUP list August 3rd, 2020
- Patriots' Cam Newton will have to win starting QB job July 31st, 2020
- Patrick Chung to be 6th Patriots' opt-out July 28th, 2020
- Patriots' Dont'a Hightower reportedly opting out of 2020 July 28th, 2020