Cam Newton only guaranteed $550K from Patriots
New England Patriots quarterback Cam Newton's contract includes $550,000 guaranteed.
The deal includes a $1.05 million base salary with $700,000 in per-game roster bonuses and carries a maximum value of $7.5 million. It's a low contract for a starting quarterback, but the Patriots were reportedly the only team to make Newton an offer. The former league MVP was limited to just two games last season by a foot injury he suffered in the preseason.
Cam is the QB10 in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings. Our models project him for 3,748.3 passing yards with 26.1 touchdowns and 14.6 interceptions, plus another 392.1 rushing yards and 5.1 touchdowns.
- Eagles eager to let Miles Sanders loose August 3rd, 2020
- Jets release offensive guard Brian Winters on Sunday August 2nd, 2020
- Lions' Geronimo Allison opts out of 2020 season August 2nd, 2020
- Browns' Jarvis Landry (hip) lands on active/PUP list August 2nd, 2020
- Browns' David Njoku commits to staying in Cleveland August 1st, 2020
- Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford placed on COVID-19 list August 1st, 2020
- Patriots' Cam Newton will have to win starting QB job July 31st, 2020
- Patrick Chung to be 6th Patriots' opt-out July 28th, 2020
- Patriots' Dont'a Hightower reportedly opting out of 2020 July 28th, 2020
- Pats' Sony Michel (foot) may not be cleared in time for practice July 27th, 2020
- Pats' Sony Michel (foot) has been rehabbing at team facility July 12th, 2020
- Rex Burkhead, Patriots reportedly restructure July 7th, 2020