Trent Taylor may wind up being 49ers' third receiver
San Francisco 49ers wide receiver Trent Taylor will have the third-most receptions on the team behind George Kittle and Deebo Samuel (foot), writes Matt Barrows of The Athletic.
Taylor missed all of last season with the same foot injury that Samuel is currently dealing with. The local beat seems high on a bounce-back campaign, as NBC Sports Bay Area reported in April that the 49ers are still expecting "big things" from Taylor. Barrows also includes Kendrick Bourne and first-round pick Brandon Aiyuk as "other favorites" to be the third on San Francisco's pass-catching totem pole. He goes on to even mention Travis Benjamin and running back Jerick McKinnon as long shots, indicating there likely won't be a clear third option. Taylor caught 43 passes as a rookie but was held to 26 receptions in 2018.
Taylor's 6.4 yards per target ranks 101st out of 107 receivers with at least 100 combined targets since the start of the 2017 season.
- Broncos' Bradley Chubb (ankle) undergoing arthroscopic surgery September 21st, 2021
- Danny Amendola (hamstring) to reportedly miss a couple weeks for Texans September 21st, 2021
- 49ers adding Jacques Patrick to depleted backfield September 21st, 2021
- Cowboys "hopeful" Amari Cooper (ribs) can play Week 3 September 21st, 2021
- Steelers' Diontae Johnson (knee) doing "better" after late-game scare Sunday September 21st, 2021
- Tomlin: Pittsburgh's Ben Roethlisberger has a left pectoral injury September 21st, 2021
- Bengals' Joe Burrow "focused on Week 1" following return to game action on Sunday August 29th, 2021
- Ja'Marr Chase having 'fantastic week' for Bengals August 26th, 2021
- Ja'Marr Chase continuing to struggle for Cincinnati August 23rd, 2021
- Bengals' Auden Tate could take snaps from Ja'Marr Chase August 23rd, 2021
- Bengals' Joe Burrow out again for second preseason game against Washington on Friday August 18th, 2021
- Bengals' Joe Mixon "accepting all challenges" heading into 2021 season August 11th, 2021