David Njoku reportedly 'big part' of Browns
Cleveland Browns tight end David Njoku remains a "big part" of the team's plans for 2020, reports NFL reporter Josina Anderson.
The Browns believe Njoku can still have a productive year with the team, but a source also tells Anderson that Njoku has "wanted out" of Cleveland for an extended period of time. This comes after a weekend report that Njoku requested to be traded. The Browns exercised Njoku's fifth-year option in April, but they also added Austin Hooper in free agency and spent a fourth-round pick on Harrison Bryant. Njoku was targeted just 10 times in four appearances last year in a season that started with a thumb fracture in Week 1. Despite the Browns' claim, a trade would likely be a significant upgrade for Njoku's fantasy value.
Njoku is the TE37 in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings. Our models project him for 40.2 targets, 23.8 receptions, 265.1 yards, and 2.2 touchdowns. Njoku's 4.1 yards per target last season was fourth-fewest out of 83 tight ends with at least 10 targets. He's been below-average in numberFire's advanced per-target receiving metric all three of his years in the league.
- Washington releases Derrius Guice after domestic-violence incident August 7th, 2020
- Eagles re-sign defensive end Vinny Curry to one-year deal August 7th, 2020
- Olson: Raiders will start Henry Ruggs in slot August 6th, 2020
- Kenny Golladay (COVID-19) good to go for Lions August 5th, 2020
- Ravens' Marquise Brown now up to 180 pounds August 5th, 2020
- Steelers' Diontae Johnson '100 percent' after hernia surgery August 5th, 2020
- Browns' Jarvis Landry (hip) lands on active/PUP list August 2nd, 2020
- Browns' David Njoku commits to staying in Cleveland August 1st, 2020
- Browns place Dontrell Hilliard on reserve/COVID-19 list July 27th, 2020
- Grant Delpit, Browns agree to 4-year contract July 15th, 2020
- Browns' Myles Garrett reportedly gets $125 million extension July 14th, 2020
- Browns sign rookie Jacob Phillips July 13th, 2020