Patrick Mahomes signs 10-year, $450 million extension with Chiefs
The Kansas City Chiefs signed quarterback Patrick Mahomes to a 10-year contract extension.
The deal ties Mahomes with the Chiefs through the 2031 season and is reportedly worth $450 million. It's a solid investment for someone who already won a Super Bowl MVP and a regular-season MVP before their 25th birthday. Mahomes has 10 more passing touchdowns (76) than anyone else in the league over the past two seasons. He also has the second-most passing yards per game (304.3) in that span.
Mahomes is the second-best player overall in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings. Our models project him for 4,698.4 yards, 38.2 touchdowns, and 11.7 interceptions with another 196.6 yards and 2.1 touchdowns on the ground. Last season, Mahomes led all quarterbacks with at least 500 attempts in numberFire's advanced per-play passing metric.
- Eagles eager to let Miles Sanders loose August 3rd, 2020
- Jets release offensive guard Brian Winters on Sunday August 2nd, 2020
- Lions' Geronimo Allison opts out of 2020 season August 2nd, 2020
- Browns' Jarvis Landry (hip) lands on active/PUP list August 2nd, 2020
- Browns' David Njoku commits to staying in Cleveland August 1st, 2020
- Lions quarterback Matthew Stafford placed on COVID-19 list August 1st, 2020
- Rapoport: Chiefs' Damien Williams opts out of 2020 season July 29th, 2020
- Chiefs reportedly sign offensive guard Kelechi Osemele to one-year deal July 26th, 2020
- Chiefs' Laurent Duvernay-Tardif opts out of 2020 NFL season July 24th, 2020
- Clyde Edwards-Helaire reportedly agrees with Chiefs July 21st, 2020
- Chris Jones reportedly lands 4-year, $85M from Chiefs July 14th, 2020
- Chiefs have begun contract negotiations with Chris Jones July 12th, 2020