Jalen Hurd to be 49ers' 'big slot' receiver
San Francisco 49ers wide receiver Jalen Hurd is expected to play the "big slot" role this season, writes David Lombardi of The Athletic.
Lombardi believes that Hurd "projects to be another weapon that can do a little bit of everything" for the 49ers if the receiver is completely recovered from the stress fracture that kept him out for his entire rookie season. He added that Kyle Shanahan could even give Hurd a few handoffs. Last year's third-round pick could see an expanded role early in the season if Deebo Samuel (foot) is forced to miss games.
Hurd is the WR98 in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings. Our models project him for 49.3 targets (fourth-most among 49ers' receivers), 29.4 receptions, 345.6 yards, and 2.6 touchdowns.
- Rapoport: Carson Wentz (ankle) expected to start for Colts in Week 3 September 24th, 2021
- Rapoport: Christian McCaffrey (hamstring) expected to miss multiple weeks for Panthers September 24th, 2021
- Cowboys' Amari Cooper (ribs) "good to go" for Week 3 battle with Eagles September 24th, 2021
- Bears' Darnell Mooney (groin) questionable for Week 3's showdown with Cleveland September 24th, 2021
- Rams' Darrell Henderson (ribs) a game-time decision for Week 3 September 24th, 2021
- Tampa Bay's Antonio Brown (COVID-19) not expected to play in Week 3's game against Rams September 24th, 2021
- 49ers' Trey Sermon cleared for Week 3 clash with Packers September 24th, 2021
- San Francisco's Elijah Mitchell (shoulder) doubtful for Week 3's game against Packers September 24th, 2021
- 49ers' Elijah Mitchell (shoulder) missing from practice September 23rd, 2021
- Trey Sermon (concussion) in non-contact jersey again for 49ers September 23rd, 2021
- Elijah Mitchell (shoulder) 'has chance' to play Sunday for San Francisco September 22nd, 2021
- 49ers' Trey Sermon (concussion) 'trending in good direction' September 22nd, 2021