Chris Jones reportedly lands 4-year, $85M from Chiefs
The Kansas City Chiefs re-signed defensive tackle Chris Jones to a four-year, $85 million contract, reports Adam Schefter of ESPN.
Jones is due $37 at signing and guaranteed $60 million for injury. Last year, Jones graded as Pro Football Focus' fifth-best interior defender out of 57 players at the position with at least 500 snaps. The 26-year-old has recorded 24.5 sacks and 49 quarterback hits in 29 games over the past two seasons.
numberFire's models project Jones for 13.6 sacks, 48.6 tackles, 3.7 pass deflections, and 4.3 forced fumbles this season. The Chiefs D/ST is 8th in our preseason fantasy rankings.
- 49ers' JaMycal Hasty (ankle) placed on injured reserve September 25th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Antonio Brown (Covid-19) officially ruled out for Week 3 September 25th, 2021
- Dolphins place Tua Tagovailoa (broken ribs) on injured reserve, eligible to return in Week 6 September 25th, 2021
- Eagles activate Zach Ertz off COVID-19 reserve list on Saturday September 25th, 2021
- Rapoport: Carson Wentz (ankle) expected to start for Colts in Week 3 September 24th, 2021
- Rapoport: Christian McCaffrey (hamstring) expected to miss multiple weeks for Panthers September 24th, 2021
- Tyreek Hill goes for 201 all-purpose yards in Chiefs' wild win September 12th, 2021
- Kyler Murray dominates Titans in Cardinals' blowout victory September 12th, 2021
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (oblique) practices in full Thursday September 9th, 2021
- Chiefs' Clyde Edwards-Helaire (ankle) logs full practice on Wednesday September 8th, 2021
- Chiefs' Mecole Hardman (oblique) limited on Wednesday September 8th, 2021
- Chiefs' Clyde Edwards-Helaire (ankle) expected to play in Week 1 September 6th, 2021