Alshon Jeffery (foot) expected to start on Eagles PUP
Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver Alshon Jeffery (foot) is "almost certain to start" on the Physically Unable to Perform list, writes PhillyVoice's Jimmy Kempski.
Eagles head coach Doug Pederson previously said Jeffery (foot) is without a timetable for return, so this doesn't come as a surprise. Jeffery will be forced to miss the first six weeks of the season if he opens the year on the PUP list. The 30-year-old wideout is still recovering from a Lisfranc injury that ended his 2019 season early. He finished with averages of 7.3 targets and 49.0 yards over 10 games. Jeffery's absence should allow first-round rookie Jalen Reagor to play a bigger role right off the bat. DeSean Jackson and Marquise Goodwin also figure to benefit.
numberFire's models currently expect Jeffery to average 5.5 targets from Weeks 1-6. His likely absence figures to create more volume for Reagor, who is currently projected for 5.2 targets during that span. Jeffery's 6.7 yards per target last season were the second-fewest of his career and ranked 69th among 80 receivers with at least 50 targets.
- Kenny Golladay (hip) limited for Giants on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Jamison Crowder (groin) DNP for Jets on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Panthers' Christian McCaffrey (hamstring) ruled out for remainder of Week 3 September 23rd, 2021
- Damien Harris (finger) limited for Patriots on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Parris Campbell (abdomen) limited again for Colts Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Darnell Mooney (groin) limited again for Bears Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Miles Sanders (chest) limited for Eagles Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Eagles' Zach Ertz tests positive for COVID-19 September 20th, 2021
- Eagles place Zach Ertz on COVID-19 reserve list September 20th, 2021
- Philadelphia's Zach Ertz (hamstring) not listed on Week 2's injury report against 49ers September 17th, 2021
- Zach Ertz (hamstring) limited participant in Eagles' Thursday practice September 16th, 2021
- Philadelphia's Miles Sanders (ankle/rest) fully practices on Thursday September 16th, 2021