Broncos' Justin Simmons signs franchise tag
Denver Broncos safety Justin Simmons signed his franchise tag tender.
This was the expectation since the two sides couldn't agree on a long-term contract. Simmons is due $11.4 million in 2020 under the tag. He earned his first All-Pro selection in 2019 on the heels of a career-high 4 interceptions and 15 pass deflections. It earned the 26-year-old Pro Football Focus' top overall safety grade and third-best cover safety grade out of 120 safeties to play at least 100 defensive snaps last season.
numberFire's models project Simmons for 90.6 tackles, 9.3 pass deflections, and 2.5 interceptions this season. The Broncos D/ST is 12th in our preseason fantasy rankings.
- Giants' Evan Engram (calf) returns to limited practice on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Washington's Antonio Gibson (shoulder) limited on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Derek Carr (ankle) "ready to go" for Raiders' Week 3 showdown with Dolphins September 22nd, 2021
- Colts' Parris Campbell (abdomen) limited on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Jets' Jamison Crowder (groin) DNP on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Elijah Mitchell (shoulder) 'has chance' to play Sunday for San Francisco September 22nd, 2021
- Broncos' Bradley Chubb (ankle) undergoing arthroscopic surgery September 21st, 2021
- Rapoport: Jerry Jeudy (ankle) probably out 6 weeks for Broncos September 15th, 2021
- K.J. Hamler joining Broncos' three-wide sets September 14th, 2021
- Broncos place Jerry Jeudy (ankle) on injured reserve September 14th, 2021
- Broncos veterans impressed by "great day" from Teddy Bridgewater September 13th, 2021
- Broncos' Jerry Jeudy (ankle) sidelined 4 to 6 weeks September 13th, 2021