Jonnu Smith enters Titans camp as 'undisputed' TE1
Tennessee Titans tight end Jonnu Smith is the unquestioned leader in the position room, according to team reporter Jim Wyatt.
Smith spent the first year and a half of his NFL career spelling Delanie Walker until the latter suffered an injury midway through the 2019 season. When tasked with leading the pack at the position, he performed very well, and the team was so confident in his abilities that it cut Walker this past offseason. "Smith has stepped up in each of the past two years when injuries derailed Walker's seasons, and now he's the undisputed TE1 heading into 2020," Wyatt wrote for TennesseeTitans.com. "There's reason to be optimistic about Smith's chances of taking another big step." That certainly sounds like good news. Tennessee will certainly need him to live up to the billing, as MyCole Pruitt and Anthony Firkser haven't done much at all thus far in their respective careers.
Our models currently project Smith for 49.71 catches on 71.56 targets for 568.97 yards and 4.27 touchdowns, ranking as the No. 13 tight end.
- 49ers' JaMycal Hasty (ankle) placed on injured reserve September 25th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Antonio Brown (Covid-19) officially ruled out for Week 3 September 25th, 2021
- Dolphins place Tua Tagovailoa (broken ribs) on injured reserve, eligible to return in Week 6 September 25th, 2021
- Eagles activate Zach Ertz off COVID-19 reserve list on Saturday September 25th, 2021
- Rapoport: Carson Wentz (ankle) expected to start for Colts in Week 3 September 24th, 2021
- Rapoport: Christian McCaffrey (hamstring) expected to miss multiple weeks for Panthers September 24th, 2021
- Damien Harris (finger) limited for Patriots on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Jonnu Smith (hip) active for Patriots in Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Patriots' Rhamondre Stevenson inactive for Week 2 meeting with Jets September 19th, 2021
- Jonnu Smith (hip) limited for Patriots Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Damien Harris hits century mark, fumbles late in Patriots loss September 13th, 2021
- Patriots' Nelson Agholor (ankle) active for Week 1 September 12th, 2021