Dalvin Cook's holdout from Vikings unlikely to last
Minnesota Vikings running back Dalvin Cook's holdout is unlikely to last past the first week of training camp, writes Courtney Cronin of ESPN.com.
The new CBA mandates a $50,000 fine for each day a holdout player does not report, so Cronin could be on to something. The Vikings also have a history of awarding contract extensions during the first week of training camp. Otherwise, we could see Alexander Mattison leading Minnesota's backfield to start the season, with Mike Boone and Ameer Abdullah also around to contribute.
Cook is the RB4 in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings. Our models project him for 268.0 carries, 1,196.1 rushing yards, 60.5 catches (79.6 targets), 538.7 receiving yards, and 12.1 touchdowns.
- Giants' Evan Engram (calf) returns to limited practice on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Washington's Antonio Gibson (shoulder) limited on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Derek Carr (ankle) "ready to go" for Raiders' Week 3 showdown with Dolphins September 22nd, 2021
- Colts' Parris Campbell (abdomen) limited on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Jets' Jamison Crowder (groin) DNP on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Elijah Mitchell (shoulder) 'has chance' to play Sunday for San Francisco September 22nd, 2021
- Vikings' Dalvin Cook (ankle) DNP on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- K.J. Osborn leads Vikings receivers in loss September 20th, 2021
- Vikings' Irv Smith (meniscus surgery) likely out for year September 1st, 2021
- Vikings acquire Chris Herndon from Jets August 31st, 2021
- Minnesota's Tyler Conklin (hamstring) practicing on Monday August 30th, 2021
- Vikings' Tyler Conklin (hamstring) expected back this week August 30th, 2021