Packers' Devin Funchess reportedly opts out of 2020
Green Bay Packers wide receiver Devin Funchess has opted out of the 2020 season, reports Field Yates of ESPN.
The Packers signed Funchess to a one-year, $2.5 million contract in March following a completely lost 2019 season with the Indianapolis Colts due to a collarbone injury. Funchess' decision could clear the way for Allen Lazard to secure the No. 2 receiver job behind Davante Adams.
During the first four years of his career with the Carolina Panthers, Funchess averaged 36.5 yards per game and totaled 21 touchdowns. numberFire's models expected Funchess to draw 70.5 targets (12.5 percent) from Aaron Rodgers this season before this decision.
- Jets' Keelan Cole (knee) questionable for Week 2 clash with Patriots September 17th, 2021
- Dolphins' Preston Williams (knee, foot) questionable for Week 2 September 17th, 2021
- Lions' Tyrell Williams (concussion) absent from practice again on Friday September 17th, 2021
- Colts' Parris Campbell (abdomen) questionable for Week 2 September 17th, 2021
- Ravens' Marquise Brown (ankle) questionable for Week 2 clash with Chiefs September 17th, 2021
- Gruden: Raiders' Kenyan Drake not expected to have workhorse role after Josh Jacobs injury September 17th, 2021
- Packers shutting down Za'Darius Smith (back) 'for a while' September 17th, 2021
- Packers' Za'Darius Smith (back) uncertain for Week 1 clash with Saints August 22nd, 2021
- Aaron Rodgers not looking for a "farewell tour" in potential final season with Green Bay August 18th, 2021
- Packers' Aaron Jones (hamstring) returns to practice Monday August 16th, 2021
- Packers' Jordan Love dealing with shoulder injury August 15th, 2021
- Pelissero: Packers working on acquiring Randall Cobb from Texans July 27th, 2021