Eagles' Marquise Goodwin opts out of 2020 season
Philadelphia Eagles wide receiver Marquise Goodwin plans to opt-out for the 2020 season due to COVID-19 concerns, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Network.
Goodwin has a 5-month old daughter and is focusing on the health and safety of his family. The 29-year-old speedster was acquired by the Eagles via trade earlier in the offseason. Goodwin's absence, combined with a plethora of other question marks in the Eagles' wide receiver core, could lead to a large role for rookie Jalen Reagor, the Eagles first-round selection in April's draft.
Reagor is the WR37 in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings. His projection includes 64.1 receptions (103.5 targets), 791.1 yards, and 5.52 touchdowns.
- Titans' A.J. Brown (hamstring) considered week-to-week September 27th, 2021
- Josh Gordon planning to sign with Chiefs September 27th, 2021
- T.Y. Hilton (neck) 'not quite there yet' for Colts September 27th, 2021
- Pats' James White out indefinitely with hip subluxation injury September 27th, 2021
- Ravens' Rashod Bateman (core) returning to practice ahead of Week 4 September 27th, 2021
- Steelers' JuJu Smith-Schuster (ribs) considered day-to-day September 27th, 2021
- Bears considering entire quarterback depth chart for Week 4 September 27th, 2021
- Bears' Darnell Mooney (back) active for Week 3 September 26th, 2021
- Bears' Andy Dalton (knee) could miss an additional "week or two" September 26th, 2021
- Bears' Darnell Mooney (groin) questionable for Week 3's showdown with Cleveland September 24th, 2021
- Darnell Mooney (groin) limited again for Bears Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Andy Dalton (knee) still Bears starter when healthy September 22nd, 2021