Gunner Olszewski shining in Pats' camp
NESN's Doug Kyed reports that second-year New England Patriots receiver Gunner Olszewski has looked like the second-best receiver in the team's camp so far.
This is as much an indictment of the Patriots' receiver corps (behind Julian Edelman) as it is a compliment for Olszewski, but the sophomore UDFA has been generating some positive buzz and the Pats have been known historically to elevate surprising players to the forefront. The Patriots have arguably the most unpredictable pass-catching group in the league heading into the 2020 season, with plenty of targets available to anyone who can separate themselves from the pack.
Olszewski only caught 2 of his 4 targets for 34 yards last season, but he was a solid contributor as a punt returner. He fielded 20 punts over 8 games before his season was cut short, and managed to average a solid 9 yards per return (the sixth-highest rate in the league). He'll be a name to monitor in very deep leagues this year.
- Kenny Golladay (hip) limited for Giants on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Miles Sanders (chest) limited for Eagles Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Jamison Crowder (groin) DNP for Jets on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Panthers' Christian McCaffrey (hamstring) ruled out for remainder of Week 3 September 23rd, 2021
- Parris Campbell (abdomen) limited again for Colts Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Darnell Mooney (groin) limited again for Bears Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Damien Harris (finger) limited for Patriots on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Jonnu Smith (hip) active for Patriots in Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Patriots' Rhamondre Stevenson inactive for Week 2 meeting with Jets September 19th, 2021
- Jonnu Smith (hip) limited for Patriots Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Damien Harris hits century mark, fumbles late in Patriots loss September 13th, 2021
- Patriots' Nelson Agholor (ankle) active for Week 1 September 12th, 2021