Patriots' Devin Asiasi's blocking standing out
New England Patriots tight end Devin Asiasi's blocking has "really stood out," writes Jeff Howe of The Athletic.
It was reported last week that Asiasi has been "doing it all" in Patriots training camp and Howe's assessment suggests the third-round rookie could see starter snaps right away. Asiasi is also capable of making plays in the passing game, as he averaged over 15.0 yards per catch and had 14 plays of 20-plus yards in his last two seasons at UCLA. He also had the third-lowest drop rate (68-of-69 catches) at his position last season.
numberFire's models expect Asiasi to draw 29.7 targets this season, narrowly out-targeting Dalton Keene (24.6) and Ryan Izzo (16.8). He's the TE46 in our preseason fantasy rankings and projected for 205.2 yards and 1.7 touchdowns on 18.5 receptions.
- Giants' Evan Engram (calf) returns to limited practice on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Washington's Antonio Gibson (shoulder) limited on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Derek Carr (ankle) "ready to go" for Raiders' Week 3 showdown with Dolphins September 22nd, 2021
- Colts' Parris Campbell (abdomen) limited on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Jets' Jamison Crowder (groin) DNP on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Elijah Mitchell (shoulder) 'has chance' to play Sunday for San Francisco September 22nd, 2021
- Jonnu Smith (hip) active for Patriots in Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Patriots' Rhamondre Stevenson inactive for Week 2 meeting with Jets September 19th, 2021
- Jonnu Smith (hip) limited for Patriots Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Damien Harris hits century mark, fumbles late in Patriots loss September 13th, 2021
- Patriots' Nelson Agholor (ankle) active for Week 1 September 12th, 2021
- Patriots' Nelson Agholor (ankle) questionable for Week 1 showdown with Miami September 10th, 2021