Breshad Perriman sidelined for Jets with knee injury
New York Jets wide receiver Breshad Perriman is sidelined with swelling in his knee.
Jets head coach Adam Gase said he "was way off" on Perriman's knee injury and that the receiver has been out longer than expected. Gase added that the Jets are likely being over precautions. Second-round pick Denzel Mims (hamstring) returned to practice on Wednesday and could be looking at an expanded role if Perriman is unavailable to begin the season. The other wideouts behind Jamison Crowder are Josh Malone, Donte Moncrief, Jehu Chesson, and George Campbell. As a member of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers last season, Perriman set new personal-bests with 69 targets, 36 receptions, 645 receiving yards, 6 receiving touchdowns, and 46.1 receiving yards per game.
Perriman is the WR50 in numberFire's preseason fantasy rankings. He's projected for 93.3 targets, 50.3 receptions, 728.8 yards, and 4.5 touchdowns.
- Kenny Golladay (hip) limited for Giants on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Miles Sanders (chest) limited for Eagles Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Jamison Crowder (groin) DNP for Jets on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Panthers' Christian McCaffrey (hamstring) ruled out for remainder of Week 3 September 23rd, 2021
- Damien Harris (finger) limited for Patriots on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Parris Campbell (abdomen) limited again for Colts Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Darnell Mooney (groin) limited again for Bears Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Andy Dalton (knee) still Bears starter when healthy September 22nd, 2021
- Bears name Justin Fields Week 3 starter versus Browns September 22nd, 2021
- Andy Dalton (knee) expected to sit for Bears in Week 3 September 21st, 2021
- Rapoport: Andy Dalton has knee bone bruise, Week 3 status for Bears TBD September 20th, 2021
- Bears' Justin Fields filling in for Andy Dalton (questionable, knee) September 19th, 2021