Chargers' Mike Williams (shoulder) could be out for "a majority of September"
Los Angeles Chargers wide receiver Mike Williams could miss a majority of September with a shoulder injury he suffered during training camp, according to The Athletic's Daniel Popper.
This news comes in stark contrast to recent reports that hinted at Williams potential availability for Week 1. If Williams were to miss time, rookie Joe Reed could see an increase in opportunity alongside Keenan Allen. An extended absence could make things tougher on Tyrod Taylor as he begins his first season as the Chargers' starter.
If Williams is available for Week 1, our models expect him to produce 8.3 FanDuel points against the Cincinnati Bengals.
- Giants' Evan Engram (calf) returns to limited practice on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Washington's Antonio Gibson (shoulder) limited on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Derek Carr (ankle) "ready to go" for Raiders' Week 3 showdown with Dolphins September 22nd, 2021
- Colts' Parris Campbell (abdomen) limited on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Jets' Jamison Crowder (groin) DNP on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Elijah Mitchell (shoulder) 'has chance' to play Sunday for San Francisco September 22nd, 2021
- Keenan Allen records 108 yards in Chargers loss September 20th, 2021
- Chargers' Larry Rountree first in line behind Austin Ekeler September 13th, 2021
- Austin Ekeler (hamstring) active for Chargers in Week 1 September 12th, 2021
- Rapoport: Austin Ekeler (hamstring) will be a "full go" for Chargers in Week 1 September 12th, 2021
- Rapoport: Austin Ekeler (hamstring) expected to play for Chargers in Week 1 September 10th, 2021
- Chargers list Austin Ekeler (hamstring) as questionable for Week 1's matchup against Washington September 10th, 2021