Saints' Alvin Kamara reportedly agrees to 5-year extension worth $75 million
New Orleans Saints running back Alvin Kamara has agreed to a five-year contract extension worth up to $75 million, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport. The deal includes $34.3 million in guaranteed money, the most in the league for a running back.
After a turbulent week and a half, the Saints and Kamara have agreed to a contract extension on the eve of the first Sunday of the 2020 NFL season. Following reports that the Saints were open to trading Kamara, talks between the two sides reportedly improved, and they had been close to agreeing to a deal for several days now. Kamara, who is entering the final year of his rookie contract, will receive a $15 million signing bonus and tie his future to the Saints for the next six seasons. The 25-year-old has been one of the best dual-threat options in the game since entering the league in 2017, recording 2,408 rushing yards on 485 carries (5.0 Y/A) and 243 receptions on 302 targets (80.5%) for 2,068 receiving yards (8.5 per reception). With a new contract secured, numberFire's models expect Kamara to see 18.7 touches against the Tampa Bay Buccaneers in Week 1.
Kamara's Week 1 projection includes 62.1 rushing yards, 30.9 receiving yards, 0.79 touchdowns, and 16.1 FanDuel points. His salary is $8,300.
- Anderson: Giants reportedly sign Kenny Golladay to 4-year, $40 million guaranteed contract March 20th, 2021
- Texans reportedly agree to 1-year contract with Phillip Lindsay March 20th, 2021
- Steelers reportedly resign JuJu Smith-Schuster to 1-year, $8 million deal March 19th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign Will Fuller to 1-year contract March 18th, 2021
- Cardinals reportedly sign wide receiver A.J. Green to 1-year deal March 17th, 2021
- Rapoport: Dolphins reportedly sign running back Malcolm Brown March 16th, 2021
- Saints re-sign Jameis Winston to one-year contract March 15th, 2021
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson open to Cowboys, Saints, Raiders, Bears February 25th, 2021
- Taysom Hill (knee) ruled out for Sunday's clash with Buccaneers January 17th, 2021
- Saints' Latavius Murray (quad) inactive for Divisional Round clash with Tampa Bay January 17th, 2021
- Saints' Latavius Murray (quad) not expected to play Sunday January 17th, 2021
- Saints' Taysom Hill (knee) not expected to play Sunday January 17th, 2021