Schefter: 49ers' Nick Bosa (knee) likely has torn ACL
San Francisco 49ers defensive lineman Nick Bosa suffered a knee injury during Week 2's game against the New York Jets and did not return.
Bosa's knee injury appears to be a worst-case scenario, with Kyle Shanahan saying that he "most likely" tore his ACL. It's a huge blow for the 49ers on a day when they also lost Jimmy Garoppolo and Raheem Mostert to ankle and knee injuries, respectively. If they want to return to the Super Bowl for the second season in a row, they will likely have to do so without last season defensive rookie of the year.
San Francisco's defense allowed 13 points to the Jets in Week 2 and will face the New York Giants in Week 3.
- Carson Wentz (ankles) expected to miss Colts game Sunday September 23rd, 2021
- Giants' Evan Engram (calf) returns to limited practice on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Washington's Antonio Gibson (shoulder) limited on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Derek Carr (ankle) "ready to go" for Raiders' Week 3 showdown with Dolphins September 22nd, 2021
- Colts' Parris Campbell (abdomen) limited on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Jets' Jamison Crowder (groin) DNP on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Elijah Mitchell (shoulder) 'has chance' to play Sunday for San Francisco September 22nd, 2021
- 49ers' Trey Sermon (concussion) 'trending in good direction' September 22nd, 2021
- 49ers adding Jacques Patrick to depleted backfield September 21st, 2021
- 49ers' JaMycal Hasty dealing with high ankle sprain September 20th, 2021
- 49ers' Trey Sermon in concussion protocol September 20th, 2021
- 49ers' JaMycal Hasty (ankle) questionable to return Sunday September 19th, 2021