49ers confirm Nick Bosa suffered torn ACL
An MRI has confirmed that San Francisco 49ers defensive end Nick Bosa has suffered a torn ACL.
Bosa's season is officially over. The 49ers have had by far the worst injury luck in the league so far this season, with all of Bosa (ACL), Solomon Thomas (knee), and Dee Ford (neck) suffering difficult injuries early on this season. The 49ers boasted one of the league's strongest defenses in 2019, but injuries appear to be putting the team's status as an elite defense in jeopardy in 2020.
The 49ers will depend on Arik Armstead and Dee Ford (neck) when he is cleared on their defensive front, so not all hope is lost yet. Bosa already had 1 forced fumble and 3 tackles in 2020, but will now begin preparing for another strong season in 2021.
- D'Andre Swift (groin) officially questionable for Monday night September 19th, 2021
- Colts "confident" Parris Campbell (abdomen) will play in Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Colts' Michael Pittman Jr. (ankle) expected to play Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- D'Wayne Eskridge (concussion) doubtful for Seahawks Sunday September 19th, 2021
- Rashaad Penny (calf) doubtful for Seahawks in Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Rams' Sony Michel not guaranteed a larger role in Week 2 showdown with Colts September 18th, 2021
- Elijah Mitchell "expected" to lead 49ers' backfield Sunday September 19th, 2021
- 49ers: Brandon Aiyuk Week 1 usage due to hamstring tweak September 17th, 2021
- Trey Sermon to be active Sunday for 49ers September 17th, 2021
- 49ers' Brandon Aiyuk (hamstring) logs full practice on Wednesday September 15th, 2021
- 49ers' Raheem Mostert undergoing season-ending knee surgery September 14th, 2021
- Elijah Mitchell 'stepped up' for 49ers in backfield quagmire September 13th, 2021