Devonta Freeman agrees to deal with Giants
The New York Giants have agreed to terms with free agent running back Devonta Freeman, formerly of the Atlanta Falcons. The terms include a one-year contract worth up $3 million.
The deal is pending a physical and COVID-19 test. Freeman may need a week to work on conditioning, but he will likely step in ahead of Wayne Gallman as the Giants' early-down back while Dion Lewis plays the pass-catching role. Freeman, 28, was limited to two games in 2018 due to injuries and then averaged a career-low 3.6 yards per carry in 14 games last season. He's unlikely to find much more success behind the Giants' porous offensive line.
Freeman averaged 12.0 FanDuel points (RB23) and 76.1 offensive yards with 6 touchdowns in 14 games last season. He managed just a 29.4 percent success rate, compared to 42.7 percent for the rest of the Falcons' backfield. The Giants rank 28th in rushing offense entering Week 3, per numberFire's advanced analytics.
- Eric Ebron (elbow) not practicing for Steelers on Wednesday October 28th, 2020
- Patriots' N'Keal Harry placed in NFL concussion protocol, doesn't practice Wednesday October 28th, 2020
- Chiefs' Sammy Watkins (hamstring) still not practicing Wednesday October 28th, 2020
- Austin Hooper (abdomen) absent from Browns practice October 28th, 2020
- Michael Thomas (hamstring) sitting out Saints practice October 28th, 2020
- Eagles' Miles Sanders (ankle) doesn't practice Wednesday, considered "day-to-day" October 28th, 2020
- Devonta Freeman (ankle) working on side at Giants practice October 27th, 2020
- Evan Engram viewed as 'focal point' of Giants' offense October 26th, 2020
- Giants' Sterling Shepard (toe) active for Thursday's Week 7 matchup against Eagles October 22nd, 2020
- Giants' Sterling Shepard (toe) could potentially play in Week 7 Thursday October 21st, 2020
- Giants' Darius Slayton (foot) has no injury designation for Thursday's Week 7 October 21st, 2020
- Giants' Sterling Shepard (toe) practicing on Tuesday ahead of Week 7's clash with Eagles October 20th, 2020