Dion Lewis considered 'best bet' to be Giants' top back
New York Giants running back Dion Lewis is "the best bet to be the Giants' top running back with Saquon Barkley out for the season," writes Jordan Raanan of ESPN.
Raanan expects Lewis to "play a substantial role" even after the Giants signed Devonta Freeman. Lewis is expected to dominate passing-game work and should also see early-down usage in Week 3 versus the San Francisco 49ers while Freeman learns the playbook. "Imagine a plus version of James White in New England with a slightly bigger workload," Raanan said. Wayne Gallman will likely be the third option in the Giants' backfield once Freeman is caught up.
numberFire's models currently expect Lewis to score 7.3 FanDuel points with 10.1 touches for 47.7 yards in Week 3. He's the RB38 in our weekly fantasy rankings and has a salary of $5,500. The 49ers enter Week 3 with a top-10 defense, per numberFire's advanced analytics, but they will be without two of their top defenders in Nick Bosa (torn ACL) and Dee Ford (back).
- Cardinals' DeAndre Hopkins (ankle) doesn't practice Wednesday October 21st, 2020
- Seahawks' Carlos Hyde (shoulder) limited on Wednesday October 21st, 2020
- Chargers' Tyrod Taylor (chest) practices in full Wednesday October 21st, 2020
- Chargers' Justin Jackson (knee) limited on Wednesday October 21st, 2020
- Chargers' Keenan Allen (back) limited in Wednesday's practice October 21st, 2020
- Mike Davis (ankle) practicing in full for Panthers October 21st, 2020
- Giants' Sterling Shepard (toe) could potentially play in Week 7 Thursday October 21st, 2020
- Giants' Darius Slayton (foot) has no injury designation for Thursday's Week 7 October 21st, 2020
- Giants' Sterling Shepard (toe) practicing on Tuesday ahead of Week 7's clash with Eagles October 20th, 2020
- Darius Slayton (foot) limited for Giants again October 20th, 2020
- Giants list Darius Slayton (foot) as limited in estimate practice report October 19th, 2020
- Giants' Sterling Shepard (toe) could be a game-time decision for Week 7 October 19th, 2020