Pats expected to start Brian Hoyer at quarterback Monday
The New England Patriots are expected to start Brian Hoyer at quarterback for the team's rescheduled game against the Kansas City Chiefs on Monday.
With Cam Newton (COVID-19) out until he can return multiple, consecutive negative tests, the Pats are forced to choose between starting Hoyer or Jarrett Stidham. It appears that the team is leaning in favor of the veteran.
The Pats are in a bind here regardless of which backup they choose, as the Chiefs boast one of the league's strongest pass defenses through the first three weeks. We last saw Hoyer make a few uninspiring starts for the Indianapolis Colts in 2019.
- James Conner (ribs) active for Cardinals Monday January 17th, 2022
- Arizona's Rondale Moore (ankle) active for Monday's Wild Card matchup against Rams January 17th, 2022
- 49ers' Jimmy Garoppolo dealing with "slight" sprained shoulder January 17th, 2022
- Seahawks' Russell Wilson "wants to explore trade options" January 16th, 2022
- Rondale Moore (ankle) questionable for Arizona's Wild Card injury matchup against Rams January 15th, 2022
- Arizona's Chase Edmonds (ribs/toe) available for Monday's Wild Card contest January 15th, 2022
- New England's Damien Harris (hamstring) active for Saturday's Wild Card matchup January 15th, 2022
- Damien Harris (hamstring) listed questionable for Patriots January 13th, 2022
- Patriots' Jakobi Meyers (thigh) questionable versus Bills January 13th, 2022
- Jakobi Meyers (thigh) officially active for Pats in Week 18 January 9th, 2022
- Pats' Damien Harris (hamstring) officially active for Week 18 January 9th, 2022
- Nelson Agholor (concussion) available for Patriots in Week 18 January 7th, 2022