Mohamed Sanu released by 49ers
Mohamed Sanu was released by the San Francisco 49ers on Tuesday, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.
Sanu spent three weeks with the 49ers after signing for them following the conclusion of Week 1. At that time, San Francisco was dealing with injuries to several of their pass catchers and was extremely thin at the position. With Deebo Samuel and George Kittle returning in Week 4, and rookie Brandon Aiyuk performing well, Sanu's services are no longer required in the bay. Sanu will likely be picked up by another team with needs at wide receiver, the Eagles come to mind almost immediately as a potential landing spot.
Sanu played 3 games for the 49ers this season, recording 1 reception on 1 target for 9 yards.
- Texans reportedly fielding Deshaun Watson trade offers July 26th, 2021
- Cowboys expect Amari Cooper (ankle) practicing by mid-August July 26th, 2021
- Rapoport: Aaron Rodgers plans to play for Packers this season July 26th, 2021
- Michael Carter tabbed 'eventual 1A' for Jets backfield July 26th, 2021
- Marlon Mack (Achilles) '100 percent' at Colts camp July 26th, 2021
- Saints reporter: Michael Thomas (ankle) may be out until late October July 26th, 2021
- Brandon Aiyuk an 'excellent accomplice' for 49ers' Trey Lance July 6th, 2021
- 49ers' Trey Sermon exceeding expectations at OTAs June 14th, 2021
- San Francisco's Trent Williams (elbow) out for Week 17's contest against Seahawks December 28th, 2020
- Brandon Aiyuk out for 49ers' finale with high-ankle sprain December 28th, 2020
- 49ers' George Kittle (foot) active for Week 16 December 26th, 2020
- 49ers officially place Nick Mullens (elbow) on injured reserve December 25th, 2020