Patriots non-committal on starting QB for Week 5's game against Denver
New England Patriots head coach Bill Belichick said he will decide on who plays quarterback against the Denver Broncos in Week 5 after getting more information.
Belichick said that information will start with Cam Newton's availability. While Newton isn't expected to be off the COVID-19 list in time to face Denver, it is interesting that Belichick is keeping the possibility open. Assuming Newton is ruled out, Belichick will have to choose between Brian Hoyer and Jarrett Stidham. Neither option was impressive in Week 4's loss to the Kansas City Chiefs, but Hoyer's mistakes were certainly more costly.
Despite the uncertainty at quarterback, the Patriots are 11.0-point favorites against the Broncos in Week 5. Their implied team total of 29.75 points is the fifth-highest team total on Sunday's main slate, according to numberFire's DFS Heat Map.
- 49ers' Elijah Mitchell in league concussion protocols December 6th, 2021
- Adam Thielen (ankle) estimated DNP in Minnesota's Monday practice December 6th, 2021
- Zack Moss active for Bills in Week 13 December 6th, 2021
- Saints' Deonte Harris (DWI) suspended three games December 6th, 2021
- Chargers place Keenan Allen on reserve/COVID list December 6th, 2021
- Raiders' Darren Waller (knee) day-to-day ahead of Week 14 December 6th, 2021
- Patriots' Damien Harris (hamstring) questionable to return in Week 13 December 6th, 2021
- Jonnu Smith (shoulder) active for Patriots in Week 12 November 28th, 2021
- Damien Harris (neck) active for Pats in Week 12 November 28th, 2021
- Hunter Henry (neck) officially active for Pats' Week 12 game November 28th, 2021
- Rhamondre Stevenson (knee) active for New England in Week 12 November 28th, 2021
- Patriots' Jonnu Smith (shoulder) expected to play in Week 12 versus Titans November 28th, 2021