Stephon Gilmore tests positive for COVID-19, Patriots canceling practice
New England Patriots defensive back Stephon Gilmore has tested positive for COVID-19.
Gilmore’s initial positive test was on Tuesday. He is the third Patriots player to be added to the COVID-19 list, joining quarterback Cam Newton and defensive lineman Bill Murray. The Patriots are expected to cancel practice on Wednesday as a result and their Week 5 game against the Denver Broncos is now in danger of being postponed.
Gilmore is a key piece of a Patriots defense that currently ranks 4th overall and 2nd against the pass in numberFire's advanced metrics. His absence would be a plus for the Broncos' offense if the game is played as currently scheduled. The Patriots D/ST is currently 8th in numberFire's Week 5 fantasy rankings.
- X-rays for Bucs' Rob Gronkowski (ribs) come back negative September 27th, 2021
- Bucs' Giovani Bernard "day-to-day" with a sprained MCL September 27th, 2021
- Rams "hopeful" Darrell Henderson (ribs) will return for Week 4 September 27th, 2021
- Bucs' Scott Miller dealing with "pretty severe" turf toe September 27th, 2021
- Titans' A.J. Brown (hamstring) considered week-to-week September 27th, 2021
- Josh Gordon planning to sign with Chiefs September 27th, 2021
- Pats' James White out indefinitely with hip subluxation injury September 27th, 2021
- Patriots' James White (hip) carted off field Sunday September 26th, 2021
- Damien Harris (finger) limited for Patriots on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Jonnu Smith (hip) active for Patriots in Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Patriots' Rhamondre Stevenson inactive for Week 2 meeting with Jets September 19th, 2021
- Jonnu Smith (hip) limited for Patriots Thursday September 16th, 2021