Buccaneers' Justin Watson (chest) sidelined Week 5
Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receiver Justin Watson (chest) has been ruled out for Week 5 against the Chicago Bears on Thursday night.
Watson will join Chris Godwin (hamstring) on the sidelines. He caught 4 passes on 6 targets for 40 yards last week while playing a larger role in place of Godwin. Rookie Tyler Johnson will likely take over as the No. 3 receiver on Thursday while Jaydon Mickens, Cyril Grayson, and Josh Pearson could also see more snaps.
numberFire's models expect Mike Evans to lead the Bucs with 9.7 targets in Week 5 and Scotty Miller is second with 7.0 projected targets. Per numberFire's advanced metrics, the Bears rank 10th against the pass but only 27th against the run, so the Buccaneers may opt to lean more on their ground game Thursday night.
- Bills' Zack Moss officially active for Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Jets' Denzel Mims inactive for Week 2 showdown with New England September 19th, 2021
- Jonnu Smith (hip) active for Patriots in Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Patriots' Rhamondre Stevenson inactive for Week 2 meeting with Jets September 19th, 2021
- Colts' Michael Pittman (ankle) active for Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Trey Sermon officially active for 49ers in Week 2 September 19th, 2021
- Ronald Jones named Buccaneers starter versus Falcons September 14th, 2021
- Ronald Jones 'struggled mentally' in Buccaneers win September 10th, 2021
- Gio Bernard (ankle) officially active for Buccaneers Week 1 September 9th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Chris Godwin (quad) available for Week 1 clash with Cowboys September 8th, 2021
- Chris Godwin (quad) limited for Buccaneers Tuesday September 7th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Giovani Bernard (ankle) "full speed" at Sunday practice September 5th, 2021