Colts "have not considered" benching Philip Rivers
Indianapolis Colts head coach Frank Reich told reporters that the team has not considered benching quarterback Philip Rivers.
Rivers' ability to hang in the league in his age-38 season was certainly up in the air following a disappointing 2019 season, and so far he has not done much to prove his doubters wrong. It's fair to wonder if (or even when) the team moves back to Jacoby Brissett, whose uninspiring 2019 numbers stack up decently against Rivers' current 2020 stats.
Rivers has more interceptions (5) than touchdowns (4) in 2020, while his 7.0 adjusted yards per attempt are his worst since 2005 and rank 22nd in the league. The Colts currently sit at 3-2, but that has mostly been despite Rivers' play and not because of it.
- 49ers' JaMycal Hasty (ankle) placed on injured reserve September 25th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Antonio Brown (Covid-19) officially ruled out for Week 3 September 25th, 2021
- Dolphins place Tua Tagovailoa (broken ribs) on injured reserve, eligible to return in Week 6 September 25th, 2021
- Eagles activate Zach Ertz off COVID-19 reserve list on Saturday September 25th, 2021
- Rapoport: Christian McCaffrey (hamstring) expected to miss multiple weeks for Panthers September 24th, 2021
- Cowboys' Amari Cooper (ribs) "good to go" for Week 3 battle with Eagles September 24th, 2021
- Rapoport: Carson Wentz (ankle) expected to start for Colts in Week 3 September 24th, 2021
- Reich: Carson Wentz (ankle) game-time decision for Colts' Week 3 contest against Titans September 24th, 2021
- Carson Wentz (ankle) participates in Colts' Friday practice September 24th, 2021
- Parris Campbell (abdomen) limited again for Colts Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Carson Wentz (ankles) expected to miss Colts game Sunday September 23rd, 2021
- Colts' Parris Campbell (abdomen) limited on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021