Vikings' Dalvin Cook (groin) reportedly expected to miss Week 6 versus Falcons
Minnesota Vikings running back Dalvin Cook (groin) isn't expected to play Week 6 against the Atlanta Falcons, reports Chad Graff of The Athletic.
Cook suffered an adductor strain during the Vikings' Week 5 loss to the Seattle Seahawks on Sunday night. He will be re-evaluated following the Vikings' Week 7 bye. Alexander Mattison out-snapped Mike Boone 43-5 on Sunday and finished with 112 yards on 20 carries while adding 3 catches (3 targets) for 24 yards. He seems poised to take over three-down duties while Cook is out and will get to take on a Falcons defense in Week 7 that just gave up 149 scrimmage yards to Mike Davis. Even with Mattison likely leading the way, Boone and Ameer Abdullah could see expanded roles as well.
Cook has added 0.20 Rushing Net Expected Points per carry this season, compared to Mattison adding 0.02. The Falcons are allowing the 10th-most FanDuel points per game (25.0) to opposing backfields.
- Trey Sermon to be active Sunday for 49ers September 17th, 2021
- Will Fuller (personal) will not play for Dolphins in Week 2 September 17th, 2021
- Giants' Nick Gates fractures leg in first quarter Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Pharaoh Brown (shoulder, ankle) DNP for Houston Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Steelers' Eric Ebron (hamstring) DNP Thursday September 16th, 2021
- D'Andre Swift (groin) limited for Lions on Thursday September 16th, 2021
- Vikings' Irv Smith (meniscus surgery) likely out for year September 1st, 2021
- Vikings acquire Chris Herndon from Jets August 31st, 2021
- Minnesota's Tyler Conklin (hamstring) practicing on Monday August 30th, 2021
- Vikings' Tyler Conklin (hamstring) expected back this week August 30th, 2021
- Minnesota's Irv Smith (meniscus) reportedly expected to miss start of regular season August 29th, 2021
- Vikings' Irv Smith Jr. ready "to be the starting guy" in 2021 August 26th, 2021