Browns bench Baker Mayfield (ribs) down 24 to Steelers, Case Keenum now under center
Cleveland Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield was benched near the end of the third quarter in Week 6's game against the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Mayfield entered the day with a rib injury and took several shots over the course of the first three quarters of the game. He was unable to get anything going against an aggressive Steelers' defense, completing just 10 of 18 attempts for 119 yards, 1 touchdown, and 2 interceptions. Down 7 to 31 at the start of the fourth quarter, Case Keenum will now be tasked with a nearly impossible comeback.
Mayfield's one touchdown pass went to Rashard Higgins, with Austin Hooper proving to be his most effective pass catcher on the day, hauling in 4 of 5 targets for 44 yards.
- Rapoport: Michael Thomas (ankle) expected to miss start of Saints season July 23rd, 2021
- Rapoport: Davante Adams, Packers break off extension talks July 23rd, 2021
- Cowboys' Amari Cooper (ankle) starts camp on PUP list July 22nd, 2021
- Kyle Rudolph (foot) opens training camp on Giants' PUP list July 22nd, 2021
- Giants' Saquon Barkley (knee) opens training camp on PUP list July 22nd, 2021
- Report: Zach Ertz now has 'great chance' to stay with Eagles July 21st, 2021
- Browns' Donovan Peoples-Jones "looks incredible right now" June 21st, 2021
- Nick Chubb, Browns negotiating extension June 21st, 2021
- Browns' David Njoku (hamstring) active Sunday January 17th, 2021
- Browns' David Njoku (hamstring) expected to play Sunday January 17th, 2021
- Browns activate LG Joel Bitonio from reserve/COVID-19 list January 15th, 2021
- Browns' David Njoku (hamstring) doesn't practice on Thursday January 14th, 2021