Browns bench Baker Mayfield (ribs) down 24 to Steelers, Case Keenum now under center
Cleveland Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield was benched near the end of the third quarter in Week 6's game against the Pittsburgh Steelers.
Mayfield entered the day with a rib injury and took several shots over the course of the first three quarters of the game. He was unable to get anything going against an aggressive Steelers' defense, completing just 10 of 18 attempts for 119 yards, 1 touchdown, and 2 interceptions. Down 7 to 31 at the start of the fourth quarter, Case Keenum will now be tasked with a nearly impossible comeback.
Mayfield's one touchdown pass went to Rashard Higgins, with Austin Hooper proving to be his most effective pass catcher on the day, hauling in 4 of 5 targets for 44 yards.
- Broncos sign running back Latavius Murray ahead of Week 5 October 3rd, 2022
- Bills' Jamison Crowder (ankle) out indefinitely October 3rd, 2022
- Commanders' Jahan Dotson (hamstring) could miss multiple weeks October 3rd, 2022
- Broncos' Mike Boone climbing up depth chart ahead of Week 5 October 3rd, 2022
- Falcons' Tyler Allgeier set for lead work in light of Cordarrelle Patterson injury October 3rd, 2022
- Bucs' Rachaad White sees himself as part of a 'one-two punch' October 3rd, 2022
- Laviska Shenault (hamstring) questionable to return for Panthers in Week 4 October 2nd, 2022
- Panthers' Christian McCaffrey (thigh) active for Week 4 October 2nd, 2022
- Panthers' Christian McCaffrey (thigh) expected to play in Week 4 October 2nd, 2022
- Christian McCaffrey (ankle) officially questionable for Panthers September 30th, 2022
- Christian McCaffrey (thigh) missing for Panthers again September 29th, 2022
- Carolina's Christian McCaffrey (quad) DNP on Wednesday September 28th, 2022