Browns: Baker Mayfield (ribs) will start against Bengals in Week 7 if healthy
Cleveland Browns quarterback Baker Mayfield will remain the team's starter for their Week 7 game against the Cincinnati Bengals if he's healthy, according to Kevin Stefanski.
Mayfield was benched to start the fourth quarter in Week 6's loss to the Pittsburgh Steelers. That reason for that decision was a combination of Mayfield's poor play, the Browns' large deficit, and the desire to avoid further injury to Baker's ribs. Assuming his health cooperates during practice this week, the Browns intend for Mayfield to be under center against the Bengals in Week 7.
Our models project Mayfield for 16.5 FanDuel points against the Bengals.
- Cowboys' Dak Prescott (shoulder) diagnosed with muscle strain, exits practice early on Wednesday July 28th, 2021
- Raiders' Kenyan Drake placed on non-football injury list July 28th, 2021
- Jets' Chris Herndon working with second string July 28th, 2021
- Michael Carter opens camp with Jets' first team July 28th, 2021
- Raiders' Henry Ruggs focusing on playing stronger July 28th, 2021
- Justin Jackson placed on Chargers' COVID-19 list July 27th, 2021
- Odell Beckham (ACL) reportedly cleared for Browns camp July 27th, 2021
- Browns' Donovan Peoples-Jones "looks incredible right now" June 21st, 2021
- Nick Chubb, Browns negotiating extension June 21st, 2021
- Browns' David Njoku (hamstring) active Sunday January 17th, 2021
- Browns' David Njoku (hamstring) expected to play Sunday January 17th, 2021
- Browns activate LG Joel Bitonio from reserve/COVID-19 list January 15th, 2021