Chris Godwin fractures finger, out for Buccaneers in Week 8
Tampa Bay Buccaneers wide receiver Chris Godwin fractured his index finger and is out for Week 8 against the New York Giants on Monday night.
Godwin suffered the injury on a touchdown catch in Sunday's win over the Las Vegas Raiders. He underwent surgery on Tuesday but has a chance to return for Week 9 against the New Orleans Saints. Mike Evans has benefitted the most when Godwin has been sidelined this season. Scotty Miller, Tyler Johnson, Justin Watson, and Rob Gronkowski could see additional targets on Monday in a plus matchup against the Giants.
Godwin leads the Buccaneers with 7.3 targets per game. Mike Evans has averaged 21.2 PPR points with a 22.8 percent target share in three games without Chris Godwin this year, compared to just 7.3 PPR points and an 8.8 percent target share in four games with Godwin. The Giants have the No. 28 pass defense in numberFire's advanced team rankings.
- Kenny Golladay (hip) limited for Giants on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Miles Sanders (chest) limited for Eagles Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Jamison Crowder (groin) DNP for Jets on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Panthers' Christian McCaffrey (hamstring) ruled out for remainder of Week 3 September 23rd, 2021
- Damien Harris (finger) limited for Patriots on Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Parris Campbell (abdomen) limited again for Colts Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Buccaneers place Antonio Brown on COVID-19 list September 22nd, 2021
- Buccaneers prefer Leonard Fournette in blitz pickup September 22nd, 2021
- Mike Evans bounces back for Buccaneers with pair of scores September 20th, 2021
- Buccaneers' Rob Gronkowski finds endzone twice in blowout victory September 19th, 2021
- Ronald Jones named Buccaneers starter versus Falcons September 14th, 2021
- Ronald Jones 'struggled mentally' in Buccaneers win September 10th, 2021