Lions acquire Everson Griffen from Dallas
The Detroit Lions acquired defensive lineman Everson Griffen from the Dallas Cowboys in a trade on Tuesday, according to NFL Network's Ian Rapoport.
Griffen will move to Detroit with the Lions sending a conditional sixth-round pick the other way. Having spent the first ten seasons of his career with the Minnesota Vikings, Griffen is very familiar with football in the NFC North and will join a Lions team that currently sits two games out of first place in the division. Griffen played 310 snaps for the Cowboys "defense" this season and is Pro Football Focus' 119th ranked edge defender through seven weeks. He will join a Lions defense ranked 21st overall in numberFire's NFL Team Rankings.
The Lions are 2.5-point underdogs against the Indianapolis Colts in Week 8. Their implied team total of 23.75 points is the eighth-lowest team total on Sunday's main slate, according to numberFire's DFS Heat Map.
- Schefter: Colts looking to move Marlon Mack September 28th, 2021
- Titans: Julio Jones limited snaps due to tightness September 28th, 2021
- Cincinnati's Tee Higgins (shoulder) DNP on Tuesday September 28th, 2021
- Miles Sanders touches ball five times in Eagles loss September 28th, 2021
- Cowboys' Dalton Schultz scores twice in victory September 28th, 2021
- X-rays for Bucs' Rob Gronkowski (ribs) come back negative September 27th, 2021
- Vikings' Dalvin Cook (ankle) officially inactive for Week 3's clash with Seahawks September 26th, 2021
- Dalvin Cook (ankle) "unlikely" to play in Vikings' Week 3 contest September 26th, 2021
- Minnesota's Dalvin Cook (ankle) questionable for Week 3's matchup against Seattle September 24th, 2021
- Dalvin Cook (ankle) absent for Vikings again September 23rd, 2021
- Vikings' Dalvin Cook (ankle) DNP on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- K.J. Osborn leads Vikings receivers in loss September 20th, 2021