Cowboys' Andy Dalton in concussion protocol
Dallas Cowboys quarterback Andy Dalton (concussion) is not practicing Wednesday.
Dalton was knocked out of the Cowboys' embarrassing Week 7 loss to the Washington Football Team. Seventh-round rookie Ben DiNucci replaced Dalton under center and completed 2-of-3 passes for 39 yards. DiNucci or Garrett Gilbert will make the start for Dallas in Week 8 against the Philadelphia Eagles on Sunday night if Dalton is unavailable. Gilbert was drafted in 2014 and has thrown 6 passes in his career.
Dalton is averaging just 4.7 yards per attempt in two games as a starter and has the fourth-lowest average depth of target (6.6 yards) of any quarterback with multiple starts this season. The Eagles are allowing 20.1 FanDuel points per game to opposing quarterbacks and have the No. 21 pass defense in numberFire's advanced team rankings.
- Cooper Kupp continues dominance in Rams' win against Tampa Bay September 26th, 2021
- Kareem Hunt paces Cleveland backs in dominant win over Chicago September 26th, 2021
- Mike Gesicki breaks out in Dolphins' overtime Week 3 loss September 26th, 2021
- Mike Williams scores twice in Chargers' Week 3 victory September 26th, 2021
- Chargers' Justin Herbert throws 4 touchdowns in upset win over Chiefs September 26th, 2021
- Josh Allen scores 5 touchdowns in Bills' blowout victory September 26th, 2021
- Bears' Darnell Mooney (back) active for Week 3 September 26th, 2021
- Bears' Andy Dalton (knee) could miss an additional "week or two" September 26th, 2021
- Bears' Darnell Mooney (groin) questionable for Week 3's showdown with Cleveland September 24th, 2021
- Darnell Mooney (groin) limited again for Bears Thursday September 23rd, 2021
- Andy Dalton (knee) still Bears starter when healthy September 22nd, 2021
- Bears name Justin Fields Week 3 starter versus Browns September 22nd, 2021