Pelissero: Christian McCaffrey (ankle) not expected to play for Panthers
Carolina Panthers running back Christian McCaffrey (ankle) is not expected to play Week 8 against the Atlanta Falcons, reports Tom Pelissero of NFL Network.
McCaffrey was at practice in a non-contact jersey this week but the expectation is that he will return for Week 9 against the Kansas City Chiefs. Mike Davis will be the Panthers' workhorse again on Thursday night in a plus matchup. He rushed 16 times for 89 yards and caught a season-high 9 passes (10 targets) for 60 yards and a touchdown when the Panthers played the Falcons in Week 5.
Davis is averaging 16.1 FanDuel points per game as the Panthers' starting running back. The Falcons are allowing the most touchdowns (0.6) and second-most receptions per game (7.3) to opposing running backs. Davis has a salary of $15,000 on FanDuel's Thursday slate.
- Palmer: Chiefs could use two-tight end formations often in 2021 June 23rd, 2021
- Tua Tagovailoa, Dolphins working on down-field aggressiveness in practice June 23rd, 2021
- Carroll: Gerald Everett will be "real threat" in 2021 June 23rd, 2021
- Browns' Donovan Peoples-Jones "looks incredible right now" June 21st, 2021
- Ravens' Rashod Bateman impressing teammates in minicamp June 21st, 2021
- Carson Wentz making positive impression with Colts' teammates June 21st, 2021
- Panthers' Christian McCaffrey not expecting offseason surgery January 4th, 2021
- Panthers' Teddy Bridgewater replaced by P.J. Walker in Week 17 January 3rd, 2021
- Carolina's Mike Davis (ankle) will not play in Week 17's matchup against Saints January 1st, 2021
- Carolina's Robby Anderson (calf) fully practices on Thursday December 31st, 2020
- Carolina's Robby Anderson (calf) DNP on Wednesday December 30th, 2020
- Mike Davis (ankle) out for Panthers versus Saints December 30th, 2020