Michael Thomas (hamstring) back at Saints practice
New Orleans Saints wide receiver Michael Thomas (hamstring) returned to practice Thursday.
Thomas' status remains uncertain for Week 8 against the Chicago Bears on Sunday. He has been sidelined since Week 1 due to an ankle sprain, a suspension, and most recently a hamstring strain. Even if Thomas is less than 100 percent, he should immediately step back in as the Saints' No. 1 receiver if active. Emmanuel Sanders (COVID-19) will not play versus the Bears and Marquez Callaway (ankle) is also hobbled. Tre'Quan Smith and Deonte Harris have been more involved with Thomas and Sanders unavailable.
The Bears have the third-best pass defense in the league, per numberFire's advanced team rankings. Alvin Kamara leads the Saints with a 25.4 percent target share and 8.8 targets per game.
- X-rays for Bucs' Rob Gronkowski (ribs) come back negative September 27th, 2021
- Bucs' Giovani Bernard "day-to-day" with a sprained MCL September 27th, 2021
- Rams "hopeful" Darrell Henderson (ribs) will return for Week 4 September 27th, 2021
- Bucs' Scott Miller dealing with "pretty severe" turf toe September 27th, 2021
- Titans' A.J. Brown (hamstring) considered week-to-week September 27th, 2021
- Josh Gordon planning to sign with Chiefs September 27th, 2021
- Saints' Tre'Quan Smith (hamstring) placed on injured reserve September 10th, 2021
- Saints' Tre'Quan Smith (hamstring) DNP Thursday September 9th, 2021
- Saints release Latavius Murray September 7th, 2021
- Michael Thomas (ankle) landing on Saints PUP list August 31st, 2021
- Jameis Winston reportedly named Saints' starter August 27th, 2021
- Saints' Adam Trautman's leg injury reportedly expected to be minor August 24th, 2021