Falcons' Darqueze Dennard (hamstring) activated from IR
The Atlanta Falcons activated defensive back Darqueze Dennard (hamstring) from injured reserve.
Dennard hasn't been on the field since the third game of the season. He played over 90.0 percent of the Falcons' defensive snaps in his last two games before going down. Dennard's return should help a defense that is allowing the second-most passing yards per game (311.4), though they are coming off their best performance of the season last Thursday night. Atlanta will host Drew Lock and the Denver Broncos in Week 9.
Dennard owns the No. 33 coverage grade from Pro Football Focus out of 127 defensive backs with at least 100 snaps this season. That is second on the Falcons behind No. 32 A.J. Terrell. Per numberFire's advanced team rankings, Atlanta has the third-worst pass defense in the league.
- Dolphins place Tua Tagovailoa (broken ribs) on injured reserve, eligible to return in Week 6 September 25th, 2021
- Eagles activate Zach Ertz off COVID-19 reserve list on Saturday September 25th, 2021
- Rapoport: Carson Wentz (ankle) expected to start for Colts in Week 3 September 24th, 2021
- Rapoport: Christian McCaffrey (hamstring) expected to miss multiple weeks for Panthers September 24th, 2021
- Cowboys' Amari Cooper (ribs) "good to go" for Week 3 battle with Eagles September 24th, 2021
- Bears' Darnell Mooney (groin) questionable for Week 3's showdown with Cleveland September 24th, 2021
- Kingsbury: Arizona's DeAndre Hopkins (ribs) 'will be a game-day decision' in Week 3 September 24th, 2021
- DeAndre Hopkins (ribs) expected to play for Cardinals September 23rd, 2021
- Arizona's DeAndre Hopkins (ribs) sidelined on Wednesday September 22nd, 2021
- Yadier Molina catching for Cardinals Monday September 20th, 2021
- Rondale Moore scores, leads Cardinals with 114 yards September 20th, 2021
- Kyler Murray scores 4 times in wild Cardinals win September 19th, 2021