Patriots acquire Isaiah Ford for 2022 seventh-round pick in trade with Dolphins
Miami Dolphins wide receiver Isaiah Ford has reportedly been traded to the New England Patriots in exchange for a 2022 seventh-round pick, according to ESPN's Adam Schefter.
Ford, a seventh-round draft pick by the Dolphins back in 2017, will move from Miami to New England as the Patriots look to address their issues at the wide receiver position. Ford caught 18 of 27 targets (66.7%) for 184 yards (10.2 per reception) in Miami this season and could see an increase in volume moving to a New England offense that is lacking effective options. Of Ford's 225 snaps played for Miami this season, 207 of them came lined up in the slot. He will join a wide receiver group consisting of Damiere Byrd, Jakobi Meyers, and N'Keal Harry.
Ford is Pro Football Focus' 109th graded wide receiver this season, with a grade of 64.0. Meyers (75.6) and Harry (65.3) have both graded out better so far this season.
- Cowboys expect Amari Cooper (ankle) practicing by mid-August July 26th, 2021
- Rapoport: Aaron Rodgers plans to play for Packers this season July 26th, 2021
- Michael Carter tabbed 'eventual 1A' for Jets backfield July 26th, 2021
- Marlon Mack (Achilles) '100 percent' at Colts camp July 26th, 2021
- Saints reporter: Michael Thomas (ankle) may be out until late October July 26th, 2021
- Texans acquire Anthony Miller in trade with Bears July 25th, 2021
- Texans reportedly fielding Deshaun Watson trade offers July 26th, 2021
- Tua Tagovailoa, Dolphins working on down-field aggressiveness in practice June 23rd, 2021
- DeVante Parker "moving around" in the Dolphins' formation June 7th, 2021
- Miami's Jaylen Waddle a "quick learner" June 7th, 2021
- Dolphins' Tua Tagovailoa "throwing with more zip" than last season June 7th, 2021
- Miguel Rojas sitting Monday for Miami May 10th, 2021