Pelissero: Garrett Gilbert to also get Cowboys first-team reps
Dallas Cowboys quarterback Garrett Gilbert will get first-team reps in practice for Week 9 against the Pittsburgh Steelers on Sunday, reports Tom Pelissero of NFL Network.
Ben DiNucci will not get another chance after making a mess of things in his starting debut on Sunday night. Gilbert, a 2014 sixth-round pick, has thrown six NFL passes in his career. All of the Cowboys' skill-players will lose value until Andy Dalton (concussion, COVID-19) is able to return.
Gilbert had an average depth of target of 9.4 yards and earned a 78.2 passing grade from Pro Football Focus during the 2019 preseason. Rush averaged 9.2 yards and earned a 73.7 passing grade. The Steelers are allowing 17.0 FanDuel points per game to opposing quarterbacks this year.
- Rapoport: Carson Wentz (ankle) expected to start for Colts in Week 3 September 24th, 2021
- Rapoport: Christian McCaffrey (hamstring) expected to miss multiple weeks for Panthers September 24th, 2021
- Bears' Darnell Mooney (groin) questionable for Week 3's showdown with Cleveland September 24th, 2021
- Rams' Darrell Henderson (ribs) a game-time decision for Week 3 September 24th, 2021
- Tampa Bay's Antonio Brown (COVID-19) not expected to play in Week 3's game against Rams September 24th, 2021
- Jets' Tevin Coleman (illness) out for Week 3's matchup against Denver September 24th, 2021
- Cowboys' Amari Cooper (ribs) "good to go" for Week 3 battle with Eagles September 24th, 2021
- Amari Cooper (ribs) turns in limited session for Cowboys September 23rd, 2021
- Cowboys "hopeful" Amari Cooper (ribs) can play Week 3 September 21st, 2021
- Cowboys' Amari Cooper has bruised ribs September 20th, 2021
- Tony Pollard splits Cowboys carries, rushes for 109 yards with touchdown September 20th, 2021
- CeeDee Lamb paces Cowboys with 8 catches, 81 yards September 20th, 2021